I know I am successful when . . .
Here’s a reflective tool that can guide you to your success.
It’s easy to get caught up in the exterior metrics of success in life or business and before we know it, habitual thoughts become repeated actions and develop into things that don’t serve anything except the promotion of gloom and feelings of failure.
- How many people are following me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram?
- How many visitors have I had at my website?
- Are people reading my blog?
- Have I had any organic comments on my website today?
- How much money did I make this month?
- Will I get that promotion at work?
Don’t add to this list but pause for a moment for some honest reflection.
If I asked you to add to the list; could you?
We use these exterior metrics to judge how successful we are, and these judgments have an impact on how happy we are.
Such judgments don’t serve us.
“I know I’m successful when…” is a powerful tool to find clarity on what really drives and motivates us.
I’ll walk you through some of mine.
- I know I’m successful when…
- I’ve planned my day the day before or at the latest before I do anything today.
- I have time on my calendar every week for personal development and personal growth.
- I have time on my calendar every week to nurture my spirit. Sport, time outdoors
- There is time to enjoy things with my family
- When clients refer clients.
- I read books, follow / participate in courses
- I spend time offline during the workday
- Writing posts
What makes you feel good?
Write you own list and act.
I know I’m successful when…
Tools That Help
Relating to these there are plenty of tools in addition to the one presented here that can help with your Personal Growth and Development whether you feel challenged or just seek to advance the way you respond to your world. If you would like a free 20-minute coaching session on some of these, please leave your contact details in the comments and you will receive a prompt response. Alternatively, you can send an email. Please understand that your contact details will never be shared outside ExGro.
There are many ways to effectively explore and advance your Personal Development in any area of life that matters to you. A box of tools to challenge the boundaries and move forward toward realizing success is extremely beneficial.
If you feel that you may benefit from help in any area with more than a 20-minute consult, please leave your contact details in the comments section below and you will be contacted by your preferred method. Please understand that your contact details will never be published, and your privacy is assured.
If you would like to know more about ExGro Services and Events, please click over to the Education For Life menu item.
Comments and Questions
Leave yours below. Your thoughts or questions may well ignite a positive spark in other readers thinking. You will always receive a prompt response to your questions and there is no such thing as a bad question; only the one that was never asked.
I bow to the place in you that is love, light, and joy
Peace & Light
Steve Costello is a British Community & Youth Studies and Psychology honors graduate with over 30-years theoretical and practical experience in the Personal Development public and private sectors. He founded ExGro in 2018 with business partner, friend and clinical psychologist, Leo Faerberg.